MAKEing a Difference in the Community
Community giving and involvement is the heart of MAKE Corporation. For us, corporate social responsibility is much more than simply a feel-good paragraph in an annual report. We are so passionate about enriching the quality of life for children and families in need that we view it not as an obligation but as a mission.
Spotlighting people who make a difference
Beyond pursuing this mission in Chicagoland, Dallas and other communities we serve, we actively support our associates in making a difference through a number of community organizations close to their hearts.
Below we have highlighted two causes about which we are passionate and why we chose to get involved.
- Special Olympics: MAKE got involved with Special Olympics after participating in several of their team building events and learning more about the programming and services offered by Special Olympics of Illinois.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities: Several of our MAKE team members have had first-hand experience with the service and care provided by these houses to families facing the illness of a child.
Other organizations where we are actively MAKEing a difference, include:
- Feed My Starving Children hand-packs meals specifically formulated for malnourished children in nearly 70 countries around the world.
- American Cancer Society supports research, patient services, early detection, treatment, and education for persons facing cancer.
- Baldrick’s Foundation supports research to combat the most hard-to-treat childhood cancers.